The 2nd VI-grade User's conference, that took place on 4th and 5th of November 2008 in Udine Italy, has drawn over 120 experts from the automotive, motorcycle, aircraft, rail and motorsports industries. With over 30 technical presentations, interactive workshops and an exhibition of partner companies the event was a forum to exchange ideas and experiences.
You can donwload the pdf versions of the following presentation after you register and login to this web site.
Presentations Day 1
Presentations Day 2
- Research Activities and Development Principles on a Virtual Prefessional Driving Simulator / D. Minen, D. Bacchet, R. De Vecchi, F. Ambrogi, L. Gasbarro - VI-grade, G.Fichera, G. Petrone - University of Catania, F. Cianetti, C. Braccesi - University of Perugia
- Developing high performance cars using VI-SportsCar / Manuela Coalova - Abarth & C.S.p.A.
- High Performance Vehicles: Vehicle Dynamics Control Systems and Computzer Simulation Solutions / M. Lanzavecchia - Ferrari S.p.A.
- VI-CarRealTime as Part of the Audi Chassis Simulation Environment / Harald Wilhelm, D. Isgen - Audi AG
- The study of innovative track designs for improved support condition of the railway track system / Y. Bezin, D. Farrington, C. Penny, B. Temple - Manchester Metropolitan University
- Modelling of Railway Buffer equipped with Additional Dissipation Segment / Jaroslav Senko - Warsaw University of Technology - Institute of Vehicles
- Independently Rotating Wheels - Adaptive Traction Torque Control / Jan Capek - VUKV a.s.
- Real time simulations with hardware and human in the loop: the new frontiers / Marco Fainello - Ferrari Gestione Sportiva
- VI-CarRealTime Combined Ride and Handling Simulations in Indy Racing Series using Stochastic Road Irregularities / Marcel Staniak - Newman Hass Lanigan Racing
- The chassis Torsion Stiffness of a Racing Car - Its influence on the car's transient handling performance / Alessandro Moroni - Dallara Automobili S.p.A.
- PI Toolbox - Powerful Data Analysis made Simple / Stuart Chamberlin - PI Research Ltd.
- Searching for optimal crankshaft modelling supported by coupled CAE tools / M.C. Cevik - VKA Aachen, M. Rebbert - FEV Motorentechnik GmbH
- Valvetrain dynamics and friction optimization using multi-body-simulation / C. Struwe - Mubea Motorenkomponenten GmbH
- Searching the maximum performance of a competition motorbike: the use of VI-BikeRT in co-simulation / M. Liberati, R. Savin, R. Costa - Aprilia Racing Department
- Motorcycle Chassis Fundamentals: Infrastructure and Projects with Multi Body Simulation at KTM / C. Schelhaas, H.Hennig - KTM
- The influence of vehcile setup on motorcycle stability during acceleration / M. Amorosa, D. Previtera - Ducati Motor S.p.A., F. Frendo - University of Pisa, Ducati Corse srl
- Coupling between lateral and vertical dynamics in three tilting wheels vehicles / Prof. A. Tonoli - Politecnico di Torino
- Dynamics analysis of Piaggio MP3 by multibody simulation / O. Di Tanna . Piaggio & C. S.p.A., R.Bartolozzi, F.Frendo - University of Pisa
- Development of a motorcycle pitch control system using VI-Motorcycle / M. Giombini - Politecnico di Milano, R. De Vecchi - VI-grade
Thanks to the support of Friuli Innovazione we have been lucky to have this breathtaking ancient castle for our gala dinner. We would like to thank our valued customers and partners for contributing to the success of the event and for taking the time out of their busy schedules to join us in these economically challenging times. It will remain a big challenge for us to find an equally nice location for our conference next year.