VI-CarRealTime provides a real-time vehicle simulation environment where the same simplified vehicle model can be used by vehicle dynamics and controls engineers to optimize vehicle and control system performance.
By using VI-CarRealTime, Vehicle Dynamics engineers can quickly and easily perform large Design of Experiments (DOE) and multi-objective optimization studies. VI-CarRealTime is the only real-time solution available in the market that can automatically and seamlessly export a real-time vehicle model directly from ADAMS Car and/or K&C results. Similarly, VI-CarRealTime also enables to share component property files such as tires, springs, dampers, and bumpstops with ADAMS Car.
VI-CarRealTime provides validated models which can be used by controls engineers to optimize the controller design based on accurate vehicle performance. VI-CarRealTime can be integrated with Matlab Simulink for controls systems.
VI-CarRealTime helps to reduce the time spent in the different engineering teams to obtain and prepare essentially the same data. It also improves the consistency of the engineering approach while providing state of the art technology. The investment pays off because it can be leveraged by many different teams, including Hardware-In-The-Loop and driving simulator departments.
- Real-time vehicle simulation
- DOE and Optimization
- Fuel Consumption
- Competitive vehicle assessment
- Driving simulator (static and dynamic)
- Traffic simulation
- Derive your real-time models directly from ADAMS Car or K&C testrigs
- Leverage a comprehensive library of realistic vehicle models (Sedan, Compact car, SUV, GT car, Trailer, Truck)
- Take advantage of state-of-the-art driver technology
- Run optimization studies of driving performance
- Include detailed road and component modelling in your vehicle dynamic simulations
- Analyze design changes much faster and at a lower cost than with physical prototype testing
- Export plant vehicle models for control systems development (SIL) and verification (HIL)
- “Feel” your simulation model in real-time on driving and traffic simulators
New features of v15
- EPS system with mechanical steering model and servo assistance force by Prof. Pfeffer, enabling the development of steering assist controllers, more detailed ride and handling simulations as well as Hardware-in-the-Loop and driving simulator applications
- Support of MF-Tyre and MF-Swift tire models by TNO, enabling more detailed analyses thanks to a combination of accurate slip characteristics with obstacle enveloping and rigid ring dynamics
- Additional vertical and longitudinal degrees of freedom in the suspension subsystem, enabling to increase the frequency range at which the vehicle model can be analyzed
- New Safety toolkit, enabling rollover and misuse events of full vehicle models in real-time
- Human driver behaviour in VI-Driver, enabling improved durability analyses, more realistic handling manoeuvres (like ISO lane change), as well as better interaction between driver and control systems
- New MATLAB/Simulink interface (new simulation manager, dynamic definition – bus – for both input and output signals)
- Virtual Test Drive interface: event for integration with traffic simulation environment from VIRES Simulationstechnologie GmbH
- Hardware-in-the-Loop add-on for the following platforms: dSPACE ds1006, National Instruments Veristand/LabView, Concurrent SimWorkBench
- Movie recording (AVI creation, MPEG 1-2-4 compression) in VI-Animator
- Mathematical operations between curves in VI-Animator